Thursday 19 November 2009

MerBear's Birthday - Let the Eating Continue!

Earlier this week we enjoyed the annual celebration that is…my birthday!

We kicked things off the night before with an extravagant Whiskey Tasting at Duri-Ann and Duri-Andy’s place.

The whiskies were really top shelf. I wish I’d kept a paper and pen with me and taken notes. My fave? I hope I don’t sound too pedestrian, but Johnny Walker Blue Label won in my book for its smoothness.

Now, on to birthday festivities. My favorite cuisine is Japanese. Unfortunately, I don’t get to indulge in it too often because it is generally too restrictive for Mr. Happy’s condition…vegetarian.

So with a gang of people willing to eat whatever I chose, I pinpointed Joyoga in the Starhill Gallery.
It’s reportedly the best Japanese buffet in KL. I can confirm the reports. Feast your eyes on this:































Even Haagen Dazs!


We all went to town!

The meal was topped off by a delicious chocolate birthday cake.

I think excess calories hampered my lung capacity. Or perhaps excessive candles???

The cake was courtesy of none other than the very talented Baker. Thank you!

It was complimented by a bit of cognac.

This buffet is HUGE. I think the staff was mighty surprised to see us bring our own food. Prepare yourself for an upcoming posting of MerBear's Workout Guide.

The day was so much fun. I couldn’t have been happier.

This was also the first birthday I ever celebrated where Christmas season was in full swing.

KL is decorated from tip to toe.

I’m feeling colder already.

And when I got home, it was Christmas! Mr. Happy knocked my socks off with a new Canon Rebel EOS. Prepare yourselves for killer pics soon to come.

1 comment:

Thailand Tracey said...

Happy birthday...a bit belated. Sorry :( Looks like you had a wonderful celebration! Can't wait to see pictures with your new camera. Mr. Happy did good! I don't feel so bad about having my Christmas decorations up before Thanksgiving after looking at your pictures. My excuse can be that I'm still on Malaysian time. Actually, putting them up made me feel happy :)