Wednesday 16 December 2009

Going Hollywood

I’m in LA, baby!

I’ve come to town for a little over a week to ‘take some meetings’. The exciting news is that I recently optioned one of my screenplays! Now the real work begins. I’m going to be meeting with producers, managers, lawyers, etc. to talk about this project and future work. It should be exciting.

I’m zipping around town in a my rented Mazda 3.

Luckily, I’ve got a GPS with me. I’ve just been told there is a law in CA that you can’t have anything on your windshield. What??

My first meeting was with an exec. on the Warner Brother’s lot in Burbank.

I spotted Ellen DeGeneres here!
Most of my meetings seem to be based around coffee, lunch, and drinks. Not kind on my waistline.
But dee-licious.

My friend Round the World who you probably remember from my postings in July, is also visiting LA. She invited me ‘round hers and cooked up a D-licious dinner!

I loved this carrot ginger soup. I could not get enough! I was actually with RTW a couple of years ago when she bought her first cook book in London. I guess I ‘knew her when’.

LA is getting hit by some of the worst weather its had in two years. Luckily, the sun peaked out for a few hours and I managed to snap some photos.

I’m staying with a college friend in Santa Monica. This is a great area because it’s near the beach!

RTW and I took a stroll through Venice.

Where it was snowing!

My humble host and I, along with another uni-mate, hit the town.

Let’s try that again.

Not so much…

Anyway, the week is going great. I’m jetlagged which means I have a hard time falling asleep at night. Since I generally have a morning meeting, I’m not getting too much rest. I guess sleep can wait until Christmas.

No comments: