Thursday 21 January 2010

Fun in the Capital

I traveled all lllll the way to the other side of the world and who do I bump into?

The Baker!


She’s visiting DC too. It’s hard to recognize her inside her winter duds. We spent the afternoon taking in the sites and visiting her old friends.

We even stopped by Buzz where she used to work.

The Baker insisted the cakes looked a lot better when she was in charge of frosting. I for one believe her.

After a quick cappuccino, I had to make a dash and meet my notary (aka Tex’s big sis). My Hollywood Contract arrived and I had to get it signed, sealed, and delivered so my Beverly Hills Attorney could file it before the holidays.

To celebrate my official entrée into screenwriting, we naturally hit up…the White House Christmas Tree.

It was C-O-L-D.

And reports kept coming in that two feet of snow were heading our way.

Loppy Lou and I took a moment to pose in front of the Pennsylvania Tree. It’s important for Hollywood Celebs such as Myself to remember our roots.

Ogling trees made us work up an appetite. We gathered some of my college friends for dinner at Georgia Brown’s. Over dessert, my pal Home Owner invited us back to his new place for a drink. However, when we stepped outside we realized the snow - that wasn’t supposed to start falling until midnight - had arrived early.

Of course we were not about to let a bit of frozen water stop us from enjoying free drinks.

We really liked Home Owner’s new place.

And he was the perfect host.

The flat has a beautiful, private roof deck but it was a bit chill for alfresco nightcaps.

By the time Loppy Lou, Tex, and I headed home the snow was starting to pile high.

We stopped at a grocery store for milk and it looked like Armageddon.

Carts were abandoned in the isles. Children were sleeping on the cash registers. The only milk we could get our hands on was chocolate! And thank goodness we did because we were trapped in the apartment until Sunday. Plus, it's delicious.

When we finally escaped we had to d-i-g.
Well...they had to dig.

I’m not in Kuala Lumpur anymore.

1 comment:

Ben Miller said...

Wish we got that much snow up here... Now that you're going to be a big Hollywood screenwriter, I hope you won't forget us little people (by little, of course I mean figuratively).