Thursday 10 November 2011

Girlz Night!

Oh Yeah! Mr. Happy is still traveling so I invited some girls around for a night of food, drinks, and flicks!

We kicked things off with some light bites. A LOT of them.

Outdoor Girl helped me out in the kitchen chopping fresh strawberries and cucumbers for the Pimms.



The main course was my famous Chicken Ole! It's chicken baked in my homemade mango salsa. No one asked for seconds of Chicken Ole! I guess they ate too many starters. Unfortunately, one of my guests couldn't eat the Chicken Ole! because she is allergic to green peppers. That meant she also couldn't eat the accompanying Salad with Green Peppers or the Quinoa-Mango-Green pepper dish. Have you ever heard of such an allergy?

Luckily she could fill up on our dessert - fruit salad and tiramisu sans green peppers. These disappeared so fast I didn't have a chance to take a photo. Maybe my guests were just saving room and that's why they didn't finish off the Chicken Ole!

Unfortunately, all this eating really ate into our movie watching time. We screened the Hollywood blockbuster Bridesmaids, which is terrific. But two people had to leave in the middle and Outdoor Girl fell asleep.

Live and learn. My next girls night will probably be just perfecto!


No comments: