Tuesday 16 June 2009

Fore!...hundred golf lessons is what I'm going to need!

The national sport of Malaysia is...


...Sepak Takraw. It’s a cross between soccer and volleyball and it’s played on a badminton court.
Confused yet? Who wouldn’t be? Well, the national sport of Malaysia should be golf. Everyone plays golf and there are courses every where. Well, not everyone plays. In fact, I don’t play.

I’m thinking of changing that. Today, I went to my friend M-bas-E’s club, Kelab Darul Ehsan (KDE) to drive some balls and get information about lessons.

The last time I drove golf balls, I was 16 and on a date with my high school boyfriend. I wonder if Marvin still plays???

The club was beautiful. If felt very remote despite being a mere ten minute drive from my flat in the middle of KLCC.

It’s a little hard to see in this photo but that is a monitor lizard swimming through the driving range pond.

The club supplies floater balls that you can drive straight into the water.

Pseudo-golfing was a lot of fun – especially when I made contact! I’ll definitely be feeling it tomorrow. M-bas-E was very generous to loan me her chipping wedge, 9-iron, and 7-iron. Now, I just need to convince Mr. Happy to sign up for lessons with me!

No comments: