Sunday 14 March 2010

Down Under

Once again, we’ve been so busy between work and travel that I have neglected the blog. I’m going to have to fast forward a bit and update you on where we are right now. I’ll then back track and reminisce about our recent trips to Hong Kong, Cambodia, and Langkawi…

As for TODAY: Mr. Happy and I had booked a trip to Australia months ago. Unfortunately, we’ve been so busy we decided to cancel the trip. However, the day we were supposed to fly Mr. Happy walked into my office and said, “You know what, I reckon we can still take that trip.” So we packed up quickly and made a shot for the airport. Now we are in Perth!

Mr. Happy has a lot of family living here. We’re staying in his aunt and uncle’s beautiful home at the beach in Iluka.

The Indian Ocean meets the coast of Perth. It’s cool, but refreshing.

We enjoyed some refreshing cocktails at the Marina.

Then a few more refreshing cocktails with the cousins.

For dinner, we tried out a burger joint in Subiaca – Jus Burgers.

I love burgers and these were sooooo good!

Since we were sharing, I managed to sample some wagyu beef, lamb and…kangaroo!

It was all delicious, but to be honest, Mr. Happy’s pumpkin with goat’s cheese, basil, and pesto may have been best.

Food prices are pretty expensive here. A burger cost about $15 and does not come with fries. But it was worth it!

The next day, we walked over to the beach and did a little yoga.


And splashed around a bit.

Then we met another of Hamel’s cousins. We picked up her kids from pre-school and primary school.

We visited a park where we got our first look at….

Kangaroos! I admit I felt a little guilty for gobbling them down the night before.

We also some very adorable koalas.

I didn’t eat any of them.

No comments: