Friday 19 March 2010

Happy Birthday to You

Our trip to Perth coincided with Mr. Happy’s cousin’s daughter’s birthday party!


It’s been a looooong time since I’ve attended a six year old’s birthday.

The theme was Bratz – I’m not sure, but I think they are teenage girls who wear make up. As far as I could tell they have no super powers other than super-human fashion sense.



Unfortunately, our gift was Dora and Hello Kitty and she’s so over them.

After the kiddie party, the grown ups were invited back to...open presents!

We were also invited for dinner.

The special of the day? Goat! This was a Gujarati dish called kheema.

It actually tasted like beef chili. I’ve had goat several times at restaurants in New York and I’ve never discerned a baaaa-d taste to it. (Get it?)

After dinner, we all pitched in to clean up.

Once again Mr. Happy and I turned in for the night overly stuffed and slightly tipsy.

No comments: