Monday 20 April 2009

The Puala Pangkor Breakdown

This past weekend we desired a little fun in the sun and hightailed it out of KL to Puala Pangkor – Pangkor Island, an 8 km sq island off the northwest coast of Malaysia. Allow me to break it down: I want to get an early start. So we wake up at:



But Mr. Happy insists his eyes won’t open. So we re-awake at:


A cab refuses to pick us up. So we grab our packs and hoof it here:


At 8:45am we sprint toward the Puduraya bus station to catch the 9am coach. We make it!!



We ride for 4 hours with one break. I pay 30 cents to use this bathroom. Not worth it!!!



We exit the bus in Lumut and board a ferry to Pangkor:



We don't eat all day and enjoy a small snack:



This little boy screams for 40 minutes and makes Mr. Happy mad:


We catch a ride in the Mystery Machine:

Our friends suggest we stay here, where Pavarotti stays:




We decide to stay here, where backpackers stay:



We head to Coral Bay and have the beach all to ourselves.



This guy almost collides with me on his way to climb a tree.



We swim to Coral Bay Island. It’s about ¾ mile there and back. Mr. Happy insists I abandoned him on the return swim and refuses to talk to me for several minutes (I had my eye on him the WHOLE time).

We watch some Muslim girls swim in the berk-inis.



We chillax on our porch.

We watch this sunset.

We go to Daddy’s for all of our meals.



I start carrying this in case I see my monkey friend again.



On Sunday, we get some rain, so we hike to this Chinese temple.


Judging from the sculptures, I’m not sure what they worship, but the Holy Spirit grabs hold of Mr. Happy.

Mr. Happy grabs hold of the camera.

I grab hold of…I will not let Mr. Happy use the camera again.

1 comment:

Ben Miller said...

Why are you grabbing that mouse's privates in the last picture?