Thursday 16 April 2009

A Shower without Rain

Today we held a surprise baby shower for our British friend, The Editor. The Editor took the surprise in stride and didn't experience any early contractions. The lunch was potluck and lasted allll day long. I left my apartment at 11 and didn't arrive home until 6:30!
I wasn't sure what to make as my kitchen is ill-equiped to make anything. I finally decided on MerBear's Famous Strawberry Spinach Salad. Unfortunately for my salad, I couldn't find any strawberries at the store. It was at this point I decided to debut MerBear's Famous Mango & Spinach Salad. It's pretty easy to throw together once you get past dicing the mango. I used a head of red spinach, 3 mangoes, and 1/2 red onion. The dressing consisted of the rest of the ingredients I had in the house: some brown sugar, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and a bit of chili powder for good measure.



All the food was delicious, but the real hit of the party?


The "Nappy Cake" painstainkingly assembled by our host. It was an incredibe, inedible creation!

No comments: