Thursday 16 July 2009

The Successful Soiree

After five straight weeks of houseguests, Mr. Happy and I decided to throw together a dinner party for a few of our friends. Easier said then done. Having lived in three different apartments on three different continents in less than one year, our dinner party accoutrements are not what they used to be. We only have 4 wine glasses and a mismatched set of plates. Additionally, we have no oven and only two burners that just kinda sorta work. But we decided to make the best of it!

I met the Baker at the Chow Kit Market. She helped me pick out a kilo of shrimp.

Some crudités.

And some eggs.
The sauce pan was for her.

When I got home I set about cleaning the shrimp.
You lookin’ at me?!

This took f-o-r-e-v-e-r! It was my first time and quite possibly my last.

I dragged my co-host away from work.

We set about cookin’.

Got the apartment in order.

And set the table to the best of our ability.

The guests started rolling in around 8. We enjoyed (unphotographed) appetizers and cocktails on the roof. Cheers to Mr. Happy for his mean guava and vodka concoction.

Then it was back downstairs for our dinner of fettuccine and red peppers in a cream sauce, long beans, garlic bread, and salad.
For dessert, the Baker made some wicked banana cupcakes. Mmmmmm.

We even broke into some single malt Irish whiskey we’d received as a gift from a friend in London.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I'm from Singapore. Glad u enjoyed yourselves when you were here. Meanwhile, keep posting coz your blog's really interesting with all these photos!

Cheers!!

Min